[HTCondor-users] prefere one type of jobs on the negotiator

Hi,

I am trying to set up jupyter notebooks on htcondor, so far it is running but on a busy pool the spawned condor jobs from the jupyterhub take too long to start up.

I tried to convince the negotiator to consider these jupyter jobs using:

GROUP_SORT_EXPR = ifThenElse(DESYAcctGroup=?="BIRD_jupyter",3.2e+38,ifThenElse(GroupQuota>0,GroupResourcesInUse/GroupQuota,3.3e+38))

>From my understanding the negotioator should consider the "BIRD_jupyter" jobs first but that does not seem to be the case or maybe it is but it's still not sufficient to get my jobs started in the time limit.

Are there any ways to start a job fast ?

I know about condor_now and it is a cool thing but it would raise some more questions if I would use it, hence I would like to know what else I can do to speed things up ???

Best
Christoph

--
Christoph Beyer