Re: [HTCondor-users] Changing slotweight for few nodes in pool

Hello Experts,Â

A gentle follow-up email.

On Mon, 12 Aug, 2019, 19:52 Vikrant Aggarwal, <ervikrant06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Experts,

We are using partitionable slots in our setup, we introduced some high mem nodes in our pool for which we want to charge more and we are charging based on cpu core usage. I am planning to multiply slotweight default value cpus with float value to increase the user priority which is used for charging.Â

SLOT_WEIGHT = ifThenElse(SlotType == "Partitionable", 1, Cpus)

To: something like so few nodes will be having below slot_weight in pool

SLOT_WEIGHT = ifThenElse(SlotType == "Partitionable", 1, Cpus *1.2)

I read the following in HTCondor manual:

Enable use of the condor_negotiator-side resource consumption policy, allocating the job-requested number of cores to the dynamic slot, and use SLOT_WEIGHT to assess the user usage that will affect user priority by the number of cores allocated. Note that the only attributes valid within the SLOT_WEIGHT _expression_ are Cpus, Memory, and disk. This must the set to the same value on all machines in the pool.

If I am changing the slot_weight of few nodes in cluster am I inviting to unknown issues or limitations?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal