Re: [HTCondor-users] hanging file transfers

On 8/21/19 2:33 PM, John M Knoeller wrote:
>> The manual has JobStatus 6 for "transferring output" but none transferring input, is that correct?
>
> yes.  but there is a Boolean attribute that is TRUE while a job is transferring input, and a second one
> that indicates if it is waiting in the queue or actually transferring, so the expression
>
> TransferringInput && ! TransferQueued
>
> Will evaluate to true if the job is actually transferring input data.

OK but with job status I can do

(CurrentTime - EnteredCurrentStatus) > $TIME_CAP

Just knowing it's transferring input is not enough to decide if the
transfer is hanging or not. I suppose I could do

(TransferringInput && ! TransferQueued) && ((RemoteWallClockTime -
CumulativeSuspensionTime) > $TIME_CAP)

I don't like it because it does not explicitly track transfer time, it
*assumes* that my total runtime spent waiting for transfer, but I
suppose it's not an unreasonable assumption when we're transferring
input files.

Thanks,
--
Dimitri Maziuk