Re: [HTCondor-users] dagman behavior question

Hi Kevin,

Scheduler universe jobs can only run on the submit machine. They cannot get sent out to execute nodes. This behavior is baked in and cannot be changed.

As for running -no_submit and then editing the dagman submit file: this is just a regular submit file. It doesn't get any special treatment.

For the Requirements _expression_ showing up different in the job ad: we do some manipulation behind the scenes of the Requirements _expression_ based on other things in your submit file (and sometimes based on pool-wide settings). So it will not show up exactly as you provided it. Can you include both your modified dagman submit file, along with what you're seeing in the job ad, so we can see if this is expected behavior?

Mark