Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.4 and boost169-python2

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM Tim Theisen <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry about the surprise. To get the python 3 bindings into the stable
> release, we needed to use a newer version of boost. The quickest way to
> do that leverages boost169 from EPEL. It was not possible to involve 2
> different boost versions in a single build. So to use python2-condor or
> python3-condor, you have the run-time dependency on boost169-python2 or
> boost169-python3. I tried linking the boost libraries statically to
> avoid this dependency. However, one cannot link the static boost
> libraries into the dynamic python htcondor and classad libraries.
>
> On RHEL7 and derivatives, boost169-python2 or boost169-python3 are
> required to use the HTCondor python bindings.

i'm trying to compile 8.8.6 on rhel7.  how does someone turn off the
python bindings and boost dependencies.  i have rhel7, but no access
to epel.  i tried

-DWITH_PYTHON_BINDINGS:BOOL=FALSE -DENABLE_JAVA_TESTS:BOOL=FALSE

but configure_redhat still seems to try to bind boost 1.69 which i don't have