[HTCondor-users] HTCondor CREAM-CE Support

The CREAM working group has recently announced official support for the
CREAM-CE will cease in December 2020. With this email, we are soliciting
feedback on the HTCondor and Open Science Grid (OSG) transition plan.
OSG and HTCondor remain committed to supporting groups who need access
to CREAM-CE based resources throughout the transition period; we will
continue to support submission to CREAM-CE endpoints and offer
assistance to groups to help manage the transition.

OSG runs a glidein submission service built upon HTCondor that submits
to grid infrastructures worldwide on behalf of dozens of science
projects. This service currently submits to approximately 100 CREAM-CE
endpoints; we will continue to maintain the capability to access these
endpoints while we assist sites in testing and enabling ARC-CE and/or
HTCondor-CE replacement services.

The HTCondor team plans to support the CREAM-CE on EL6/7 in the 8.8.x
stable release series and will maintain support for 8.8.x through
December 2020. CREAM-CE support will remain enabled at the start of the
8.9.x developer series; in early 2020, the HTCondor team will
re-evaluate, based on community need, whether CREAM-CE support will be
available in the next stable series.

We realize that software retirements can be very disruptive; the OSG and
HTCondor teams are committed to assisting user communities through the
process. If you believe our plan does not fit the needs of your user
community, please email help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
htcondor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx (and/or ask questions in this email list).

Regards,

Todd Tannenbaum, HTCondor Technical Lead
Brian Bockelman, OSG Technology Area Coordinator

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences