Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.0 Released

Hi Tim, and all of the HTCondor team,

Happy New Year to y'all!

On Fri, 2019-01-04 at 01:01:34 +0000, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 8.8.0.
> After a year and a half of development, this is the first release of the
> new stable series.

This is great news! As Debian Buster has been under development for about the
same time, and will enter the first freeze stage soon, are there plans to
replace condor_8.6.8 in Debian with 8.8.0 so HTCondor will be considered for
inclusion with the release?
In my interpretation of the freeze rules it would be difficult to later
add a package, while (at least at the beginning of the freeze) it would be
possible to apply bugfixes.
Do you have means to test HTCondor with non-X86 architectures? I'm running
8.6.13 on "$CondorPlatform: AARCH64-Debian_9 $ " right now, with no obvious
issues... but I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade that to a .0 release.

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)