[HTCondor-users] Updating MEMORY without restarting HTCondor

Hello,

Here is the setup: a server is used for both to run HTCondor jobs and to run some interactive processes which require significant amount of RAM.

I found here ho to setup the amount of RAM available to HTCondor (i.e. the MEMORY variable):

https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/htcondor-users/2015-June/msg00013.shtml

which I hope to combine with dynamic allocation of RAM:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/2016-March/msg00110.shtml

Question: once I change the configuration file to reflect the amount of RAM I want currently to be available to HTCondor on the server, how can I make HTCondor to get aware of the change without killing running jobs (I want to be able to do it several times per day)?

Running condor_reconfig does not seem to be enough: the new value of MEMORY is updated in the ‘condor_config_val -dump’ output, but condor_status still shows the old value of ‘Mem’ available in the ‘Unclaimed’ slot (I use dynamic slots, and so the unclaimed slot should reflect how much RAM HTCondor thinks is available to it to run jobs).

Thank you for your help,

Siarhei.

Trading instructions sent electronically to Bernstein shall not be deemed
accepted until a representative of Bernstein acknowledges receipt
electronically or by telephone.  Comments in this e-mail transmission and
any attachments are part of a larger body of investment analysis. For our
research reports, which contain information that may be used to support
investment decisions, and disclosures see our website at
www.bernsteinresearch.com.

For further important information about AllianceBernstein please click here
http://www.alliancebernstein.com/disclaimer/email/disclaimer.html