[HTCondor-users] HTCondor & Idle Jobs

Do you have any ideas about a problem that we’ve experienced on different HTCondor installations at different customers in the recent past.

By feeding the nodes with jobs, we could see that single jobs keep in idle status for many minutes randomly and become released and get processed at some point.

We couldn’t see any systematics. From our point of view, it is neither node-related nor job-related. In most of the cases jobs are distributed as normal on any of the nodes.

Is there a way to check, why it remains idle or cut off the time for distribution?

Is there a setting to minimize it? Condor Config File?

Kind Regards,
Fernando M. Schapira