Re: [HTCondor-users] condor 8.x and authentication woes

On 7/3/2019 5:38 AM, Keith Brown wrote:
> Thanks to both of you. I have it working. Are there tests I can run to
> be comprehensive? Like submit a job, condor_status? I want to make
> sure I am using encryption.

One idea would be to create a submit file with a well-known string for
the job arguments, and then confirm the string does does not appear in the
clear on the network.

So create test.sub:

  executable = /bin/echo
  arguments = "This is a test"
  queue

And then submit it using strace to display what is written to the network,
doing something like the following from a bash prompt:

  strace -f -e trace=network -s 1000 condor_submit test.sub |& grep "This is a test"

Without encryption, the grep will succeed.  With encryption required, it should fail.

Hope the above helps
Todd