Re: [HTCondor-users] Error from SCHEDD on Windows 10

Hi John,
Thanks for the input. I have a fast disk and nothing much was
happening on the machine at the time.
Regarding the so called zombie processes. I managed to get to one of
the machines and the problem seems to be happening in the following
situation
- The main executable of the job launches a sub-process to perform a
task ( vanilla universe)
- The job is suspended due to user activity on the machine. This would
require suspending the main process and the sub-process
- The job was continued ( according to the StarterLog)
- However it appears that the sub-process did not "continue". So at
this point Condor sees the job in the running state, but it will never
finish as the main process is just waiting on the sub-process to
complete.
Obviously condor has to keep track of sub-processes so it can "continue" them.