[HTCondor-users] Java Installation for java related jobs

Hi,

I am beginner in HTCondor Implementation and its understanding, as well as in Ubuntu

I am unable to run java related jobs.
I have installed JVM but somehow I think I am unable to let HTCondor Cluster aware about the java in one of my execute host machine.
I executed below command for checking java related machine from one of the execute host machine

ubuntu@container7:~/test_files$ condor_status -java
ubuntu@container7:~/test_files$Â

I installed jvm in one of my execute host machine, it is giving below error
ubuntu@container7:~/test_files$ condor_restart -startd bluejay
Can't find address for startd bluejay
Perhaps you need to query another pool.
ubuntu@container7:~/test_files$Â

I have installed jvm in that execute host machine(container7) with below commands
$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk
$Âecho "JAVA_HOME=$(which java)" | sudo tee -a /etc/environment
Checked running with simple java programs whether java is working fine or not.

I also mentioned java installation in /etc/condor/condor_config.local of that execute host machine.
Showing part of the condor_config.local file

ubuntu@container7:~/test_files$ cat /etc/condor/condor_config.localÂ
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, STARTD, SCHEDD
JAVA = /usr/bin/java

Any help is appreciated on how to start using java universe on htcondor and run java related jobs.
Please let me know if there are any other files I need to provide.

Regards,
Nishit