Re: [HTCondor-users] job does not run

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 11:52 +0000, Bockelman, Brian wrote:

> > On Jun 17, 2019, at 2:28 AM, Steffen Grunewald <steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 2019-06-16 at 16:10:00 +0200, Valerio Bellizzomi wrote:
> >> Greetings,
> >> after submitting a job, the job is in idle state. Diagnostics with
> >> condor_q -analyze show "no match found".
> >>
> >> In the submit file I have:
> >>
> >> RANK = (Machine == "compute02")
> >
> > Please verify (using e.g. condor_status -l compute02) that the machine
> > name is correct (is there no domain part?)
> >
> >> 1) is this sufficient to select the target machine ?
> >
> > With the correct string, IMHO yes
>
> Do note that you used "RANK" and not "REQUIREMENTS" -- the job will show a preference for "compute02" if there are multiple available compute hosts.  However, it will still be allowed to run on any host.
>
> It might be useful to post the output of "condor_q -better-analyze".  Another thing that could be going wrong is that the Machine attribute is using a FQDN ("compute02.example.com") whereas you are only querying the host ("compute02").

Hi,
I have verified that the compute02 node has a problem, that is ps
command shows condor_procd running but not condor_startd. Master and
Startd are listed in the configuration but condor_startd does not start
at first.

Second problem I found and corrected: Schedd was not running on the
central manager machine. I was using the DAEMON_LIST generated by the
condor_configure --type=manager command and schedd was not in the list.