Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor running slow (q,status,submit)

> Iâm also running condor as user condor and not as root, if that helps.

If you donât run condor as root, then it wonât be able to impersonate the user when it tries to run a job.  So all jobs will run as condor, and the jobs will therefore be able to kill the condor daemons.   A non-rootly HTCondor is fine. we do this all the time for testing - but it is not a good idea to do this if you plan to run a pool that has more than a single user.

But running HTCondor daemons as condor would not lead to the failures that you are experiencing.

I would recommend that you do not use the username condor for running a non-rootly HTCondor pool, since that is effective user that HTCondor daemons started as root use when they are not actively doing something that requires root.   This could lead to confusion because in a pool where HTCondor is started as root.  ps will show the daemons running as user âcondorâ most of the time â and we would tend to assume that means the daemons are actually rootly. 😉

-tj