Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor running slow (q,status,submit)

Hi Dimitri,

Ok, on the ip addresses.

Grim-pro-04 is a machine on the local network. I haven't had to specify the ip addresses for the other machines in the pool before. As to 192.168.2.1, I was attempting to map the machine (reaper.ern.nps.edu) to that address, which is the central manager. Maybe I'm confused as to who is handling the network and where condor is grabbing ip addresses. In my condor_config.local, I have these:
NETWORK_HOSTNAME = reaper.ern.nps.edu

NETWORK_INTERFACE = 192.168.2.1

Still confused.... â

steve

ïOn 3/26/19, 4:40 PM, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Dimitri Maziuk via HTCondor-users" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    PS. specifically, something like this is OK:

    > 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
    > ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

    Having also "grim-pro-04.reaper.localnet" there is not. Where is your
    "ern.nps.edu" and "192.168.2.1" comiong from?

    --
    Dimitri Maziuk
    Programmer/sysadmin