Re: [HTCondor-users] MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH

On 4/30/19 10:16 PM, Mary Romelfanger wrote:

We were a little behind because of the timing of some code deliveries and software freezes. We have an update window so we are moving from 8.6.9 to 8.8.2.

This new installation found MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH set to â/var/tmp, /tmpâ by default instead of blank as it has been in the previous deliveries.

Mary:

The actual change was done in ticket #6768, along with a large number of other default changes, but the initial ticket to support MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH was done in #2015.

What this does is to give each job a private /tmp and /var/tmp dir, backed by storage in the scratch directory. When MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH is set to /tmp and /var/tmp, it means that a job that writes to /tmp until full only impacts itself, and doesn't disable every process on the machine that needs to write to /tmp or /var/tmp.

-greg