[HTCondor-users] start just master at boot time

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to start JUST the master daemon at boot time, without it then starting up the rest of the processes in DAEMON_LIST?

We have an operational HTCondor pool that the operators want to have full control of, so we do NOT want it to start processing at boot time.  We have to check and make sure some other processes are running (and maybe do any cleanup from any problems) before we start data processing in this HTCondor pool.

We have been just not starting at boot time, and then doing systemd full starts on each machine when ready,  but this pool is about to grow and we would like the operators to be able to use the condor_on command to get the startd processes running across the entire pool with one command when ready, but this requires that the master daemon is already running on each machineâ. How do we get the master daemon up without it starting the rest of the DAEMON_LIST processes immediately?

$CondorVersion: 8.8.2 Apr 11 2019 BuildID: 465890 PackageID: 8.8.2-1 $

$CondorPlatform: x86_64_RedHat7 $

             Mary

Mary Romelfanger

Deputy Branch Manager