Re: [HTCondor-users] scheduled downtime configuration

Hi Christoph,

Here's what we do...

We have the following clause in our START:

((InStagedDrain =?= True && (time() + MaxRuntime < ShutdownTime)) || InStagedDrain =?= False)

We have a startd cron that runs this:

====
#!/bin/bash

FILE=/etc/shutdowntime

if [ -f $FILE ];
then
    UNIX_SHUTDOWN=`awk '{print $0}' $FILE`
    echo "InStagedDrain = True"
    echo "ShutdownTime = $UNIX_SHUTDOWN"
else
    echo "InStagedDrain = False"
    echo "ShutdownTime = 0"
fi

====

Then we have tooling which populates /etc/shutdowntime, which is just a timestamp of when we want the host to drain by.

cheers,
Ben