Re: [HTCondor-users] Reproduce a new history file

On 5/22/2019 10:31 PM, JIANG Xiaowei wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I met a tiny problem:
>
> The history file(/var/lib/condor/spool/history) was removed by accident.
>
> I touched a new history file with "touch" command and changed the owner
> to condor:condor, but no new job history was written in.
>
> Except restarting schedd, is there a better way to reproduce a new
> history file and to make the job history written in?

Hi Xiaowei,

I think just doing a condor_reconfig on the schedd will be sufficient.
If you are using the default configuration, you should be able to login
to your central manager and do
   condor_reconfig <name of machine running the schedd>

Alternatively, if you have root on the machine running the schedd, you
can send it a HUP signal to achieve the same thing.  E.g. as root do

    kill -HUP <pid_of_your_schedd>

hope it helps,
Todd