Re: [HTCondor-users] lambda support in HTCondor?

I wonder if there might be also an interest by others in a more generic
FaaS support in Condor?

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't much of the point of FaaS to avoid having to maintain servers? If you're running an HTCondor pool, you've already got the servers. What's the precise use case you're interested in? Fast dispatch for short jobs?

While most of a lambda-like functionality could be scripted

Perhaps some detail on which part of the functionality couldn't be scripted would help me understand your idea?

probably it would be nice to have an easy interface for users to initiate predefined jobs on input files?

Is the objective here to give the admin more control over what jobs the user can run? Or are you interested in UI/UX improvement(s), something like a condor_run that understands file transfer?

- ToddM