Re: [HTCondor-users] How to always avoid evictions of jobs belonging to GROUP_NAMES

Hi Guiseppe,

I am not 100% sure that I got your question right, but here is what I know about eviction:

In case you mean eviction by the defrag-daemon you can teach the daemon what to drain and what not by these expressions:

DEFRAG_REQUIREMENTS
DEFRAG_RANK

for ex: DEFRAG_REQUIREMENTS = PartitionableSlot && Offline=!=True && GROUP_NAME =!= <your group_name_that _should_not_be_evicted>

This would exclude slots occupied by <your group_name_that _should_not_be_evicted> from being evicted. If the 'name' you are looking for is only part of the 'GROUP_NAME' you can use a regex at that place, e.g. " ... && regex(".*<part_of_name>.*", GROUP_NAME) =!= true" (that's from top of my head you have to check for correct syntax I am afraid)

If you use ranking for this it means you can not be sure that these jobs never get evicted as the rank is only a sorted list, if you do only have the one kind of jobs or very few 'evictable jobs' you will end up with the other jobs being evicted !

The second case is preemption by the negotioator, same sitauation when it comes to ranking, a full & safe exclude would be using requirements. These are the candidates that would be used:

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS (=
PREEMPTION_RANK

In both cases check the manual for more variables that may play a role for what you are tryong to achieve, for the defrag-daemon you need to start it through the master and for the negotiator to use different levels of preemption you need to enable it through the configuration !

Hope this helps ...

Best
Christoph

--