Re: [HTCondor-users] 1 hour wall time for interactive jobs

On 10/1/2019 1:38 PM, Rundblom, Glen wrote:
> Hello, I could use a little more help.
>
> I added the line to my condor_config.local file for a specific compute
> node, restarted condor, and then ran an interactive job for that compute
> node, but it didnt get killed.
>
> Is there a different config file I should have added the line to?

The example Zach gave you below is for your submit node(s), not the compute (execute) node.

Zach's example also removed jobs after they were in the queue for 1 hour, regardless of how long they actually ran (i.e. a job that waits 30 min to get scheduled would be killed 30 min after it started).  Not sure this is what you wanted.

Anyhow, here is an example configuration for your compute (execute) nodes that will tell the execute node to kick off an interactive job that has run for more than 1 hour, and then have the kicked-off job go back into the queue on hold with an error message (that can be displayed with condor_q -hold):

   TIME_EXCEEDED = InteractiveJob =?= True && TotalJobRunTime > 3600
   PREEMPT = $(TIME_EXCEEDED)
   WANT_HOLD = $(TIME_EXCEEDED)
   WANT_HOLD_REASON = "Interactive job ran for more than one hour"

Warning: The above is off the top of my head, I didn't test it....

Hope the above helps
Todd