Re: [HTCondor-users] HistFitter doesn't run

On 10/17/2019 1:50 PM, Alejandro Acuña wrote:
> Dear Users.
>
> I am trying to run HistFitter 0.63 on CentOS7 (not afs/cvmfs, just a
> local cluster) and always finish at the same error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/etc/hf63/scripts/HistFitter.py", line 19, in <module>
>      import ROOT
> ImportError: No module named ROOT
>
> Root 6.18/02 is ok and HistFitter compilation too. The environment
> variables are:
>
> export ROOTSYS=/path_where_I_installed_root/root
> export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> What am I missing?

Hi,

Can I assume you are trying to run the above as a job submitted to
HTCondor?  If so, does it work when you run HistFitter outside of
HTCondor?  Is yes, perhaps your HTCondor job submit file needs to
specify the environment variables required (like ROOTSYS, etc)... I
would suggest trying putting
   getenv = True
in your submit file and see if that helps. Also, perhaps you need a
PYTHONPATH environment...  It may help if you posted your HTCondor
submit file to the email list.

Another thought:  how does the worker node have access to the ROOT
module?  It either needs to be installed on the worker node, or
accessible via a shared file system (NFS, etc), or you will need to tell
HTCondor which files to transfer...

Hope the above helps
Todd