Re: [HTCondor-users] docker universe and centos 6

On 9/2/19 2:49 PM, Bockelman, Brian wrote:

> Do you have a write-up of the setup?  Or, failing that, an updated Dockerfile?

I actually have a couple of questions.

Dockerfile is attached, not much to it, but I'd prefer to get rid of
/entrypoint.sh. It is
'''
$(condor_config_val MASTER) -f -t >> /var/log/condor/MasterLog 2>&1
'''
and as far as I can tell the only reason for it is the log file
redirect. Manual page for condor_master is rather sketchy and has
neither "-f" nor "-t" there, so
a) what are they and more importantly
b) is there a flag to tell it to log to MasterLog so I can put the whole
thing in ENTRYPOINT?

I left it running with

    --net host \
    -v /etc/condor:/etc/condor \
    -v /var/lib/condor:/var/lib/condor \
    -v /var/log/condor:/var/log/condor \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \

over the weekend and it is running vanilla universe jobs now. But they
are logging "user not found" errors.

Are those harmless for jobs that do file transfer and not need the
actual filesystem access?

So it seems you'll need to also bind-mount at least /etc/passwd, or
install ldap client, in order to get the permissions working.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

ENV GID 500
ENV UID 501

RUN groupadd -g $GID condor \
    && useradd --uid $UID --gid $GID -N -c 'condor user' condor

RUN yum -y install openssh-clients wget curl sudo which docker singularity \
    && rpm --import https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-HTCondor \
    && cd /etc/yum.repos.d && wget https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/yum/repo.d/htcondor-stable-rhel7.repo \
    && yum -y install condor \
    && yum clean all \
    && rm -f RPM-GPG-KEY-HTCondor \
    && sed -i 's/\(^Defaults.*requiretty.*\)/#\1/' /etc/sudoers \
    && rm -f /etc/localtime \
    && ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago /etc/localtime \
    && rm -rf /etc/condor \
    && rm -rf /var/lib/condor

COPY entrypoint.sh /

ENTRYPOINT ["/entrypoint.sh"]