[HTCondor-users] implement scheduled downtimes for one accountinggroup in the pool

Hi all,

this is more a question for the administrators I guess.

Our pool is used by different VOs that match accountinggroups to get the quotas right. Every now and then we do have scheduled downtimes for fileserver maintenance, dcache upgrades etc. for one or more of these VOs.

As we do have all jobs with estimated runtimes it would be the most elegant way to handle these temporary interruptions automated. The begin of downtime should be noted in a config file and then the jobs of the matching VO should be checked if they fit in to the remaining time window.

I do have a similar configuration for more node-individual events (like scheduled reboot of a node) in the startd expression on the workernodes which works very nicely.

It seems a bit of an overkill though to split this up for individual VOs on the workernode as it is a more global interruption not connected to the individual workernode. Hence I would prefer to get something implemented on the negotiator that stops forwarding these jobs in case of downtime during expected jobruntime withour even bothering the startd with it.

I have been looking throught the negotiator configuration options but nothing appealed suitable to me at first glance to get this done, maybe there are different approaches or ideas out there ?

Best
christoph

--
Christoph Beyer