Re: [HTCondor-users] Unicode environment variables on Windows.

When I pass unicode value in the job environment job works fine on linux but fails to decode variable value string on windows.

On Windows, the API to set environment variables requires that you specify if the variables are ANSI or Unicode. HTCondor currently uses the ANSI version, which does locale-aware conversion into the UTF-16 encoding that Windows actually stores in the environment. It seems like this conversion doesn't know what to do with UTF-8 encoded Unicode. It may be possible to construct a work-around by encoding the variable values in UTF-16 and adjusting the locale, but that would make your submit file (more) Windows-specific.

	I would recommend that you use your existing work-around, instead.

- ToddM