[HTCondor-users] Queuing N items from file

Hello All,

I am using a computing cluster where I am allowed to have a limited number of jobs in the queue.

I would like to queue $(njobs) at a time, each with parameters from one line of a file:

queue par1,par2,par3,par4,par5 from [0:$(njobs)] inputs.txt

However, this is treated as if the slice were [0:], even though njobs is set using a command-line argument to condor_submit. On the other hand, the following works as expected:

queue par1,par2,par3,par4,par5 from [0:1000] inputs.txt

Is there perhaps a way to have a variable in the slice, as in [0:$(njobs)], so that it works correctly?

Thanks,
Eremey Valetov