Re: [HTCondor-users] Job TMP environment variable

On 12/22/2020 6:14 AM, Petr Vokac wrote:
MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH is exactly the reason why I would like to have all TMP variants pointing to /tmp. It seems to me HTCondor always set these environment variables to the job working directory

Hi Petr,

Could you help me understand the motivation for wanting TMP to go to /tmp ?

My guess is that it is not really related to MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH, but that you want all the job's temporary files in a subdirectory of the _CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR so that they will not get automatically included in transfer_output_files.  It just so happens that MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH does this (makes a subdirectory for tmp files in the scratch dir).  Is my guess correct or is there some other motivation I have overlooked?

Thanks and happy (almost) holidays,
regards,
Todd