Re: [HTCondor-users] running a stripped down version of HTC

I meant to say the machinesÂare ephemeral. Most of the times they are rebuilt so the host names differ a lot. I want a way so condor is hostname agnostic. It seems there are references in the configuration file which have $(HOSTNAME). Is there a way to tell the installer, to avoid $(HOSTNAME) in configuration file?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 11:38 AM dmaziuk via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/24/2020 7:44 PM, Rita wrote:

> Eventually, I would like to remove condor during the workday.

Why not just define START policy? The daytime overhead of condor daemons
not doing anything should negligible, just let 'em run but not start jobs.

Dima