[HTCondor-users] Passing info from the condor_submit_dag command line to be usable by a node?

I'm wondering if it's possible to add something to the condor_submig_dag command line that would govern the behavior of the DAG. The "-append" option adds lines to the .condor.sub file which launches the DAGman job, but I've been having some trouble puzzling out if there's a way to pass something along that could be used by a node's pre/post scripts or the job itself.

The obvious approach is to write a script to call condor_submit_dag and have it tweak the DAG config file given to the run, but I'm looking for a way to avoid having a wrapper, in the interests of having fewer moving parts, and just call condor_submit_dag directly. Any suggestions?

Michael V. Pelletier
Information Technology
Digital Transformation & Innovation
Integrated Defense Systems