Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.4 and boost169-python2

Hi Michael,

Making it build without EPEL dependencies doesn't work right now. I have
to do a little cleanup to make it work in this situation. I'll let you
know when I have something you could try out.

...Tim

On 12/31/19 11:07 AM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM Tim Theisen <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sorry about the surprise. To get the python 3 bindings into the stable
>> release, we needed to use a newer version of boost. The quickest way to
>> do that leverages boost169 from EPEL. It was not possible to involve 2
>> different boost versions in a single build. So to use python2-condor or
>> python3-condor, you have the run-time dependency on boost169-python2 or
>> boost169-python3. I tried linking the boost libraries statically to
>> avoid this dependency. However, one cannot link the static boost
>> libraries into the dynamic python htcondor and classad libraries.
>>
>> On RHEL7 and derivatives, boost169-python2 or boost169-python3 are
>> required to use the HTCondor python bindings.
> i'm trying to compile 8.8.6 on rhel7.  how does someone turn off the
> python bindings and boost dependencies.  i have rhel7, but no access
> to epel.  i tried
>
> -DWITH_PYTHON_BINDINGS:BOOL=FALSE -DENABLE_JAVA_TESTS:BOOL=FALSE
>
> but configure_redhat still seems to try to bind boost 1.69 which i don't have
>
> The archives can be found at:

Tim Theisen
Release Manager
HTCondor & Open Science Grid