Re: [HTCondor-users] cgroups2 aka unified cgroups

On 1/28/20 2:57 AM, Bert DeKnuydt wrote:

Hi Condorants,

Since Fedora 31, by default, cgroups2 "unified cgroups" are used. It's much nicer interface
compared to the old cgroups; (old is relative: cgroups2 dates from 2014).

---

Currently, the workaround I know of, is to boot with flags 'systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0',
but that is not really nice, and will break other container stuff.

Are there any plans/WIP to add code for cgroups2? Better workarounds / tricks?

Booting the kernel with the old cgroup code is what we recommend for now. Another workaround would be to disable cgroup usage in condor by unsetting BASE_CGROUP, which we'd only recommend if you are only running docker universe jobs, or are otherwise contained.

-greg