Re: [HTCondor-users] Modifying existing users priority factor

Hi Ido,

It may help to have more specific information, like the exact command you entered (cut and pasted), the exact output, the version of HTCondor you are using as reported by condor_version, etc. How do you know that condor_userprio -setfactor failed? Is it returning an error message (if so, what message?)? If there is no error, do you subsequently check again with condor_userprio ? Could you email a transcript of what you are trying and what you are subsequently observing that is incorrect?

Also, I see below you state "trying to change the priority factor for existing users/groups".... note that the priority factor of a *group* is just used as the initial/default priority factor for new users who first submit to that group. Changing the priority factor of a group does not go and change the priority factor of all users in the group. If you wish to change the priority factor of users who already exist in the system, you must do so directly. For instance, if user "todd" has submitted in the past to group "physics", you must do
  condor_userprio -setfactor physics.todd 1000
Subsequently doing "condor_userprio -setfactor physics 2000" will not impact the priority factor for user physics.todd, it will just set the priority factor for a new user who submits his first job into the physics group.

Hope the above helps,
Todd