[HTCondor-users] [HTCondor-Users] Parallel job MPICH implementation RANK.

Hello Condor Experts,

We are running parallel jobs in a cloud environment using MPICH implementation mp1script. We wanted to pack the parallel job to minimum hosts to avoid cost in the cloud. We have used machine_count and request_cpus to achieve it but changing machine_count directly impacts the RANK of jobs. We wanted to keep RANK of jobs at a higher value. TBH, I am not sure about the advantage of it. Please enlighten me if anyone has information about the usage of RANK.

While going through the documentation I found.

The macro $(Node) is similar to the MPI rank construct

How could we achieve both keeping the MPI jobs on a minimal number of hosts and with higher RANK value?

Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal