Re: [HTCondor-users] Job requirements with missing classads

Hi Jose,

Is this for a CE? If so, is there a reason why you aren't using the documented way to set a max walltime? https://htcondor-ce.readthedocs.io/en/latest/batch-system-integration/#maximum-walltime

To answer your question, this is touched on in the logical operators section in the ClassAd reference: https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/stable/misc-concepts/classad-mechanism.html#classad-operators. You can also use the Python bindings to inspect how a given expression would evaluate with UNDEFINED involved:

>>> import classad
>>> classad.ExprTree("UNDEFINED || False").eval()
classad.Value.Undefined
>>> classad.ExprTree("UNDEFINED || True").eval()
True

I believe that the Negotiator treats requirements statements that evaluate to UNDEFINED as False.

- Brian