Re: [HTCondor-users] limiting Condor & CondorCE systemd exec capabilities?

Hi Thomas:

This is an interesting idea. The minimal set of capabilities required depends on the condor daemon in question. For example, the starter, on the execute side, needs CAP_SYS_ADMIN, to manipulate the cgroups. Unfortunately, CAP_SYS_ADMIN grants a broad array of powers, and once you have it, I'm not sure it makes much sense to limit the other capabilities.

Other HTCondor roles requires fewer capabilities. I'm not sure how much we'd want to change the systemd configurations based on the HTCondor role of that machine.

-greg