[HTCondor-users] Is anyone using the condor_stats command-line tool? We may remove it

Hi,

Is anyone using the "condor_stats" [1] command line tool? Or the ancient Java applet based CondorView? (yes, you read that correct... Java applet, not JavaScript!)

These tools only work if your pool's collector config has explicitly configured KEEP_POOL_HISTORY=True (the default is False).

I am asking because we would like to remove the KEEP_POOL_HISTORY collector option, and also the condor_stats command line tool, from the HTCondor v8.9 series. Would anyone object?

Thanks
Todd

[1] https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/man-pages/condor_stats.html

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences