Re: [HTCondor-users] convert from 'date +"%H-%M %m-%d-%Y"' to seconds from 1970

Hi all,

On 5/5/20 9:28 AM, Beyer, Christoph wrote:
> maybe a stupid question, is there a way to translate a `date +"%H-%M %m-%d-%Y"` (or similar) into a HTC usable 'seconds-since-1970' maybe using time() or formatTime() inside a classadd string ?
>
> I know formatTime() works the other way round but I would like to do some START calculation based on a date given by the user which would be more conveniant to be in 'human readable' format ...

after a brief off-list discussion, it seems that

AbsTime absTime(AnyType t [, int z])

should work in in this case.

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
CallinstraÃe 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany