Re: [HTCondor-users] Endmessage in Quills

On 26/05/2020 17:07, Gregory Thain wrote:

On 5/26/20 9:19 AM, Xavier OUVRARD wrote:
Hello,

in the run table of quills (https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/8_3Quill.html) there is an endmessage; I try to find out from which property it is filled; it corresponds to a line that is also in the log file of the job. But I cannot get the corresponding ClassAd property.

Hi Xavier:

Note that Quill has not been supported by HTCondor for many years now. The endmessage field in quill was a string that was similar to a line printed to the user log file like "Job was evicted". There is no single corresponding Classad Property, but I believe you can synthesize this information from the classad attributes ExitBySignal, ExitCode and JobStatus.

-greg

Hi Greg,

thank you for your reply, I am going to dig; I know that I have to get rid of Quill, and I am currently try to find replacement via condor commandas of the information we were getting from the DB via quill, including projects and history of user jobs, as we use a webserver to submit and managing jobs.

Best regards,

Xavier