Re: [HTCondor-users] Citing HTCondor presentation materials

Hi Matt,

If you look at CITATION.cff in the master branch the DOI is listed as
TBD. Each individual release of the HTCondor software gets a DOI.

You can cite all versions by using the DOI 10.5281/zenodo.2579447. This
DOI represents all versions, and will always resolve to the latest one.

Here is a link to list out the various versions that we have registered
with Zenodo:

ÂÂÂ
https://zenodo.org/search?page=1&size=20&q=conceptrecid:%222579447%22&sort=-version&all_versions=True

I'll make a note to put the DOI to cite all versions in the master branch.

...Tim

On 11/9/20 11:16 PM, Bockelman, Brian wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> For citing the software itself, we actually keep this in the git repo itself:
>
> https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/master/CITATION.cff
>
> For material from presentations, I don't believe we've been careful about making them easily citable (e.g., registering DOIs or uploading to FigShare).  I would suggest a simple acknowledgement and URL to original source would suffice.
>
> Brian
>
>> On Nov 9, 2020, at 7:04 AM, mtwest2718 via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> To the CHTC team,
>>
>> I am working on a workshop session for a Nordic meetup of research software engineers that covers a bunch of aspects of the HTCondor Python API. I will be using material from existing tutorials as well as some of the diagrams from HTCondor week presentations. Do you have any preference on how to reference (url, DOI, something-else) your work?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Matt

>> The archives can be found at:
>> https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/