Re: [HTCondor-users] Issue with HTCondor over supervisord (Docker container)

Hi!
Thank you so much for your help, it worked and this was exactly what I needed to solve my problem.
I've been working with HTCondor since 2 months ago and there are a lot of things that I don't know.

El jue., 22 oct. 2020 a las 8:29, Michael Pelletier (<michael.v.pelletier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) escribiÃ:

âPrograms meant to be run under supervisor should not daemonize themselves. Instead, they should run in the foreground. They should not detach from the terminal from which they are started.â

So the trick would be making sure that condor_master doesnât go into the background. This is done via the â-fâ command line option, as described in the HTCondor DaemonCore documentation.

The supervisord should only cover condor_master, as thatâs the one which takes care of starting up everything else for the HTCondor service. If something is competing with it for control over its daemons, it wonât be happy.

Michael V Pelletier

Principal Engineer

Raytheon Technologies

Information Technology