[HTCondor-users] Debian Bullseye build fails, Re: HTCondor 8.8.11 Released

On Thu, 2020-10-22 at 13:26:54 -0500, Tim Theisen wrote:
> The HTCondor Team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 8.8.11.
> A stable series release contains significant bug fixes.
>
> Highlights of this release are:
> - HTCondor now properly tracks usage over vanilla universe checkpoints
> - New ClassAd equality and inequality operators in the Python bindings
> - Fixed a bug where removing in-use routes could crash the job router
> - Fixed a bug where condor_chirp would abort after success on Windows
> - Fixed a bug where using MACHINE_RESOURCE_NAMES could crash the startd
> - Improved condor c-gahp to prioritize commands over file transfers
> - Fixed a rare crash in the schedd when running many local universe jobs
> - With GSI, avoid unnecessary reverse DNS lookup when HOST_ALIAS is set
> - Fix a bug that could cause grid universe jobs to fail upon proxy refresh

Is there a chance to build this for Debian Bullseye? I've used the "focal"
files under debian/.

In a Buster build, I get

-- Configuring for Debian package on Debian-10--amd64

while for Bullseye, this reads

-- Configuring for Debian package on Debian---amd64

- apparently "testing" doesn't have all the /etc/os-release information in
place yet?
... but this leads, in  astraight manner, to

-- SYSTEM_NAME: Debian-
-- Boost components: python;unit_test_framework
CMake Error at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/BoostDetectToolset-1.71.0.cmake:8 (list):
  list index: 1 out of range (-1, 0)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/boost_python-1.71.0/boost_python-config.cmake:24 (include)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake:117 (find_package)
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake:182 (boost_find_component)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:448 (find_package)
  externals/bundles/boost/1.66.0/CMakeLists.txt:88 (find_package)

Is there a way to outsmart Debian version detection? Unlike Ubuntu Focal, Bullseye
isn't official yet...

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)