[HTCondor-users] Jobs in idle state on a submitter blocks other jobs

Dear all,

since yesterday I had 6 jobs that were idle on a scheduler; one computation node was faulty and I kept having attempt to connect to ... in the SchedulLog; it seems then that it was blocking all the remaining jobs that were kept in the condor_q. Rebooting the faulty node (not the scheduler), allowed all the remaining jobs that were iddled to be run again without any additional intervention.

Is it a normal behaviour?

The condor version is 8.8.13 on all machines.

Best regards,

Xavier