[HTCondor-users] [HTCondor-Users] SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS in condor 8.8.5

Hello Experts,

After upgrading from condor 8.5.8 (dev) to 8.8.5 (stable).. we are seeing an issue with Authentication only with DRMAA jobs. We are using Host based authorization, default for authentication.Â

Following error is reported with defaultÂSEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS on 8.8.5

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI
GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate. Globus is reporting error (851968:50). There is probably a problem with your credentials. Â(Did you run grid-proxy-init?)
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS

After reading the documentation I realized that in 8.5.8 version prob different protocol was used: however not sure which one?

Authentication
Proper identification of a user is accomplished by the process of authentication. It attempts to distinguish between real users and impostors. By default, HTCondor's authentication uses the user id (UID) to determine identity, but HTCondor can choose among a variety of authentication mechanisms, including the stronger authentication methods Kerberos and GSI.
Except CLAIMTOBE nothing helped to make DRMAA job successful onÂ8.8.5. however adding to condor 8.5.8 makes condor_q fail.Â

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = CLAIMTOBE, $(SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS)

From documentation found that DRMAA support is removed from condor 9 series.

Question:Â

- What was the default authentication method used in condor 8.5.8 and 8.8.5 (KERBEROS and FS?) out of the following list?Â

GSI Authentication
SSL Authentication
Kerberos Authentication
Password Authentication
File System Authentication
File System Remote Authentication
Windows Authentication
Claim To Be Authentication
Anonymous Authentication

- Why does adding CLAIMTOBE make condor_q failÂon condor 8.5.8?Â

we are using OPTIONAL everywhere:Â

# condor_config_val SEC_DEFAULT_NEGOTIATION
OPTIONAL

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal