Re: [HTCondor-users] upgrading from 8.8.x to 9.0.4 - kerberos auth problems

The only direct change to the Kerberos authentication code that I see was made in HTCondor 8.9.7. Details are here: https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=7577
If youâre willing to do a little experimenting, itâd be great to see if this release introduces the failures youâre seeing.

The error message you quote is coming from the Kerberos library when a daemon tries to initialize its own Kerberos credentials to authenticate to another daemon that itâs connecting to. If you enable the D_SECURITY debug level for the daemon whose log youâre seeing this message in and send the preceding lines in the log file, that would help narrow down which Kerberos call is failing.

 - Jaime