Re: [HTCondor-users] daemon foreground spawning with Condor >=8.9

Hi TJ,

many thanks for the detailed explanation!

I will keep my fingers off it ;)

Cheers,
  Thomas

On 26/08/2021 19.55, John M Knoeller wrote:
Yes.  DC_DAEMON_LIST is obsolete,  you should never touch it.

It does NOT control what daemons are running.   it controls how a condor_master starts and talks to a daemon that it doesn't think is one of the daemons that is
included in the HTCondor installer.

For the curious,  Once apon a time, DC_DAEMON_LIST was something you had to set if you wanted to start up a second copy of a HTCondor daemon under a single condor_master and you wanted the condor_master to know that it was really a standard HTCondor daemon. (i.e. it accepted the same command line arguments and signals as other HTCondor daemons)

But it is no longer necessary change DC_DAEMON_LIST when you do this, so this knob
is basically obsolete.

-tj