From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 11:22 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] daemon foreground spawning with Condor >=8.9

On 8/26/21 7:25 AM, Thomas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there a difference between
>   DAEMON_LIST
> and
>   DC_DAEMON_LIST
> from 8.9.7 (including 9.0+) onwards?
>
> If I get it correctly, the DC list should spawn its daemons into the
> foreground using the -f flag and with 8.9.7 this became the default
> behaviour. I would interpret it, that daemons started from one or the
> other list should behave the same, or?

Hi Thomas:

DAEMON_LIST is the list of daemons the master should spawn.  The master
knows that condor daemons are special -- they send keepalive heartbeats,
they have well-known command line arguments, etc.  DC_DAEMON_LIST is the
list of condor-special daemons.  It is very rare to change this list.
If you are adding some non-condor program for the master to manage, you
probably just want to set DAEMON_LIST.  If you are starting a
condor_daemon with a non-default name, you need to also add it to
DC_DAEMON_LIST.

-greg