Re: [HTCondor-users] Job's DiskUsage resolves symlinks?

On 8/31/21 3:47 PM, Oliver Freyermuth wrote:
Dear HTCondor experts,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature: We are currently not enforcing DiskUsage_RAW to stay below the Request_Disk, but have started to monitor our user jobs for cases when they mismatch their request,
preparing for a future enforcement.
One of our users has found a huge mismatch: He only used a few GB in his execute directory, but he also added some symbolic links to data stored outside of the execute directory (on our shared file system), and DiskUsage_RAW rose to a disk usage higher by several factors.

Oliver:

I'd say it is a bug, but I think you've discovered why it is a bug -- we reuse this disk space measuring code in places where we want to follow symlinks.

-greg