Re: [HTCondor-users] Alias and schedd_host

> On Dec 13, 2021, at 4:42 AM, Xavier OUVRARD <xavier.ouvrard@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have a load balancer defined for schedulers. In order to have a default schedd_host (not on the machine), I have try to put the load balancer name (which should normally be transparent for condor), but it is refused, and schedd_host accepts only the scheduler true machine name. Is there any way I could achieve this?

HTCondor's queue management interface is not designed to work with a load balancer. Given the very stateful nature of a job queue (and with a different queue for each schedd), itâs hard to imagine a general-purpose load balancer working without significant support from the Condor client tools. Any given client needs to communicate to the same schedd for job submission and subsequent interactions for those jobs.

Could you have a more explicit (though less automated) load balancing by setting SCHEDD_HOST to a different schedd on each client machine or each user account?

 - Jaime