Re: [HTCondor-users] Simple priority howto.

On 2/2/21 11:16 AM, duduhandelman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Christoph.
That will do the job I'm sure. Is there another way to accomplish that without groupquota? maybe using the condor_userprio.

I think it will be easier for the team leader to manage it with condor_userprio (Just Maybe)

If you want to do this at the user level, you can use priority factors to balance the usage that each user gets:

condor_userprio -setfactor fiftypercentuser 1000

condor_userprio -setfactor twentyfivepercentuserA 2000

condor_userprio -setfactor twentyfivepercentuserB 2000

This will give the user named "fiftypercentuser" twice the cores of the other two, if all three have enough job demand.  If only one user has jobs, they can get the whole pool.  By default, there is historical fair share involved here too.  If you want to turn that off, you can set

PRIORITY_HALFLIFE = 1

in the negotiator's condor config file  (and run condor_reconfig), then the historical usage will effectively be ignored.

-greg